Friday, May 27, 2011

Rabbit was adopted - I'm so relieved

I just called to check - the person at the shelter said he was adopted last week.

They ran his picture in the newspaper (and they named him "Bugs") - he apparently was a young male, already neutered, and very friendly. He was very patient in my classroom, allowing the students to pet him, so I figured he was an escaped pet.

I'm so glad he's been adopted - I was worried about him.

On a semi-serious-semi-funny note, there was an article about the animal shelter getting flooded in the rains of last week (the storm that turned into Otto). The dogs were moved to the new shelter (not yet finished) so they wouldn't get wet. The cats, kittens, and one rabbit (our school's rabbit!) were put in upper cages so they'd all stay dry. I just found it funny, the way the newspaper reported "17 cats and kittens, and one rabbit" !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers